December 31, 2008

 

Chocolate Trifle

Last evening was a funny time to make a special dessert, but I did. I found this chocolate trifle recipe after Christmas and wanted to try it out before making it for a family gathering this weekend. I used my gluten-free brownie recipe and followed the trifle recipe as is. My husband's comment was, "That's got to be the best dessert ever!" I thought it was great, but a bit too sweet. Most trifles are best after they sit overnight, but not this one. I made it when the brownies were still slightly warm, although completely cooled would be fine. I then put it in the refrigerator for about half an hour before serving. It's still good today, but the brownies are not as good after being cold all night. I haven't decided if I will make it the same way next time or just use chocolate pudding mixed according to the package for the second layer. Either way, it's a great recipe!

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]