February 14, 2011

 

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

image Happy Valentine’s Day!

Valentine’s Day is not a big event at our house this year.  My teenage boys are not particularly into getting valentines from mom and dad anymore, and my husband and I have had enough Valentine’s together that we don’t feel the need to spend money in order to say “I love you.”  We express our love to each other all the time.  I know, it’s not romantic, but this year we’re not giving cards or flowers, or other gifts.  We’ll spend time together, have a nice salmon dinner, and enjoy a homemade treat.  I plan on making raw brownies.  Something like this or this.

I do love my readers, but I don’t tell you that every day.  I apologize for not having a great chocolaty treat recipe for you or even a round up of recipes.  I do have a Rudi’s bread giveaway going on and there will be another giveaway posted tomorrow, so be sure to check back.

These cookies contain chocolate chips.  Maybe that makes them Valentine’s Day worthy.  If not, they are great for every other day of the year.  They are thick cookies, but not necessarily chewy.  They still have a crunch to them.  I personally love oats in my chocolate chip cookies.  I love the flavor and texture as well as the added nutrition.

So here’s my sort of Valentine’s recipe for all my dearly loved blog readers!

chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten & Dairy Free)

Preheat oven to 375°
In a small bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients.  In the bowl of your mixer, beat together the sugars, butter, and shortening until creamy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.  Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Stir in the gluten-free oats and chocolate chips.

Drop spoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.  Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.  Cool for a minute on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

View Printable Recipe

Labels: ,


Comments:
Linda, those look so yummy and pillow-y soft!
 
Happy Valentine's Day to you too. As one of your readers, I know you love us because you do so much to strengthen our community and keep an eye on the safety and nutrition of gluten-free foods. Thank you for all you do!
 
I could easily appreciate these for a Valentine treat...or any other day, for that matter. I hope you're having a good day!
 
I agree with what everyone else has said, Linda. These cookies look wonderful! I'm all for oatmeal and chocolate chips together. Hubby always votes for raisins in our oatmeal cookies, but sometimes I don't let him vote. ;-)

Happy Valentine's to you, too! I feel the love all time as a GFH reader. :-)

Shirley
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]