January 24, 2011

 

Cranberry Walnut Muffins

cranberry walnut muffin
Muffins are wonderful.  Don’t you think so?  They are a nice serving size and work perfectly for an easy snack or breakfast.  They can satisfy that desire for something bready, and they are so very versatile.  You can vary the flours and the add-in options are numerous.  Try a variety of nuts, fresh, canned, dried, or frozen fruit, chocolate or other sweet “chip”, coconut, or seeds.  You can do all kinds of things with muffins!

As much as I love them, I hadn’t made any in a while.  I guess I became too busy with holiday baking, and as a result muffins were neglected and almost forgotten.  Almost.  Who could forget them?  When I did remember, I decided I needed to create a new muffin recipe I could share with all of you.  It had been a while since I posted a muffin recipe, and I was in the mood to try something new.

As usual, I made a double batch of these.  I often intend to freeze some, and while that does happen at times, more often than not, all the muffins get eaten in a few days.   That was the case with these.  We enjoyed them and I bet you will too.

cranberry walnut muffin - cut

Gluten-Free Cranberry Walnut Muffins

Preheat oven to 400°
Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the milk, vanilla, and eggs.  Add the oil to the dry ingredients and stir.  Then add the remaining wet ingredients and mix together with a large spatula or spoon until the dry ingredients are incorporated.  Fold in the walnuts and cranberries.

Soon into a greased muffin tin.  Bake at 400° for 18 – 20 minutes.  Let cool in the pan for several minutes then remove to a wire rack.

cranberry walnut muffins

View Printable Recipe

This recipe is part of Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays.

Labels: ,


Comments:
these look so yummy! Might have to make a double batch here too. =0)
 
These look delightful Linda. If I had enough freezer space I would definitely make a double batch and stow some away - that is a great idea for when we do finally have the space (soon I hope)!
 
Love muffins! Especially cranberry. I just made a batch of pumpkin yesterday though, so I'll have to wait until those are gone before i try these! Saving!
 
These look delicious, and I have a feeling they would be converted to egg and sugar free really easily. I'll let you know if I make it work!
 
yum!! im baking gluten-free muffins this week and im so excited! these look REALLY YUMMY, and i love using sorghum flour, it gives it a familiar texture that i remember from wheat based muffins <3
 
Hmmm, I'm curious about baking them at 400 degrees. I usually bake my GF muffins at 350. But I bet the texture is really nice at this temperature. I'll definitely be giving it a try. The muffins, btw, look great! Perfect for a cup of tea!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]