October 1, 2010
Gluten Sensitivity & Celiac Forum and a Giveaway
Today I want to let you know about an opportunity for you to learn more about celiac disease and gluten intolerance. HealthNOW is hosting the second annual Gluten Sensitivity and Celiac Forum event in Palo Alto, California. It takes place Saturday, October 16 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. They have some great speakers lined up, and I know the event will be very informative and educational. If you live near Palo Alto, and even if you don’t, you should consider attending. The speakers include:
- Dr. Rodney Ford, director of The Children’s Clinic in New Zealand
- Dr. Vikki Petersen, co-founderof the HealthNOW Medical Center and co-author of "The Gluten Effect".
- Dr. Tom O’Bryan, a practicing graduate of the Institute For Functional Medicine's hallmark program Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Cynthia Kupper, Registered Dietitian and the Executive Director of Gluten Intolerance Group
- A brand new laboratory test for gluten sensitivity.
- How gluten causes a vast array of hormonal problems and degenerative diseases.
- What is a nutritious gluten-free diet?
- Whether gluten is potentially harmful to everyone.
Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the door and include a light lunch. Visit the Health Now Medical Center site for more information.
Dr. Vikki Petersen (one of the forum speakers) and Dr. Richard Peterson are authors of the book The Gluten Effect: How “Innocent” Wheat is Ruining Your Health.
The chapters are divided into five sections:
- Why All the Sudden Interest in Gluten
- Is Gluten the Hidden Culprit Behind Your Symptoms?
- The Mainstream Gluten Disorders
- Other Gluten Related Disorders
- Finding and Eliminating the Cause
To enter, leave a comment on this post. You must leave separate comments for each entry. Please make sure I have a way to contact you. Up to four entries per person:
- Tell me why you (or someone in your house) eat gluten free.
- Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email (or tell me you already do)
- Like me on Facebook (or tell me you already do)
- Follow me on Twitter (or tell me you already do)
Disclaimer: I was provided a free copy of this book. The opinions in this post are my own.
I am doing my first gluten free webinar and would love to be able to share some of the info in the book..
Thanks for your emails... I always enjoy reading your advice and trying some of your recipes. They help a lot!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Links to this post:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]