June 27, 2010

 

Magic Bullet: Tools of the Trade

The Magic Bullet is one of my favorite small appliances for the summer.  A friend of mine got me hooked on it a couple of years ago, and I’m so glad she did.  My experience with the Bullet is limited to making smoothies, though I’m sure there is more you can do with it.  In fact, I just found this recipe page at the Magic Bullet web site and it includes things like bean dip, soup, and egg salad.

The thing I like about the Magic Bullet is that you make individual smoothies.  You actually screw the blender piece directly onto the cup.  When you are done, the colored rings are screwed on to make the edge of the cup smooth.  If you have kids old enough to make their own smoothie, this is a great way to let them do it.  Everyone can make their own just the way they want it.  I also like the fact that the cups go straight into the dishwasher and there is no big blender bowl to clean up. 

Smoothies are a great way to get fruit and vegetables into your kids.  There are lots of smoothie recipes out there, but really all you need to do is put in fruit and/or veggies, liquid, and mix it up.  I have also added things like:
strawberry%20smoothie_thumb%5B1%5D[1]
For liquid you can use:
For a cold treat you can use frozen fruit or add ice.  You can also use ingredients at their normal temperature.  I enjoy a blend of fresh fruit and almond milk. 

If you own a Magic Bullet or something similar, I would love to hear how you use it.  Do you use it for things other than smoothies?  What are your favorite smoothie ingredients?

Labels:


Comments:
I've always wanted a magic bullet, they look so easy to use! I also love that they have so many different functions. For now I'll just have to suck it up and use my blender though :)

~Aubree Cherie
 
I also have always wanted a magic bullet. Their advertising obviously works :)
I'm going to have to try adding almond meal and flax seeds to my smoothies. That sound great! I like to sneak in some leafy greens like spinach or kale. Seriously, can't taste it when you've got enough of the good stuff like fruit in there!
I have a Vita-Mix, which I love (except for having to clean out that big pitcher).
Mostly I use mine for smoothies, lemonades and soups. Also works pretty well for frozen drinks like daiquiris. I will blend up 1/2-2/3 of most of my soup recipes to add texture/thickness (and to hide all those veggies from my hubby!).
I have also used it to make pancake batter and muffin batter, which works pretty great for the recipes I've tried.
So fun! Love my blender. But definitely still keeping the Magic Bullet on my wish list for someday when I have money to burn :)
 
Woah stephanie, I'd say if you have a vitamix you have no need of a bullet! That is the mother of all blenders. I have a bullet and it works well for blending up things but mine at least isn't as powerful as the commercials make it look like. When you try to blend up, say some parmesan cheese to pulverize it, it ends up getting all stuck at the bottom and you have to keep taking it off to shake it up. But for things like smoothies and what not it's nice b/c it's small ... my mother in law grinds her flax seeds in it, which I've never tried but I guess it works! I, however would LOVE a vita-mix or blendtec.
 
Magic Bullet is one of our favorite's too. My hubby wore one out and we got an off brand but it's not nearly as good. When we wear it out we are definitely going back to magic bullet.

Favorite ingredients? Berries! Fresh blueberries, raspberries and if I get ambitious, huckleberries!

My kids like avacado smoothy. Strange, I know but with bananna I guess it's pretty good.

Linda, I drove past Cataldo Mission and Kellogg the other day and thought of you. :)
 
I use the magic bullet all the time. Currently, we make a lot of smoothies. When my daughter was younger, we pureed her food to make babyfood in it.
 
I use my magic bullet nearly every day! lately I've been making chocolately protein smoothies with brown rice powder, lots of super foods, and greens. I also add lots of ice and almond milk and make it into a milkshake consistency. LOVE it!!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]