June 15, 2010

 

Gluten-Free Wednesdays 6/16/10

Gluten-Free Wednesdays2

Welcome back to Gluten-Free Wednesdays!  Please add your link to a gluten-free eating idea, and take a look at the others.  This month I gave a burger challenge.  So far, I haven’t seen any burger recipes, and I didn’t get much feedback on that one.  I guess burgers aren’t too interesting or maybe not challenging enough.  That’s okay, but if you are working on the challenge, remember to link your recipe some time this month.  There will not be a roundup week.



I hope you had a look through all of last week’s links.  As usual, they were all terrific.  A couple that have my mouth watering are Aubree’s Maple Walnut Ice Cream, especially since it is dairy free, and Karen’s Strawberry Scones which can easily be made dairy free with a butter substitute.

Last week I receive some beets in my CSA box (a post coming on that on Thursday), so I had to come up with a beet recipe.  We enjoyed this one:

Honeyed Beets
beets%20-%20honeyed%20in%20bowl%202_thumb%5B4%5D[1]

If you haven’t read the carnival guidelines before, please do so.  Remember to link to an individual post, and ad a link back here somewhere in the text of your post.  Thanks for participating!



1. Iris of The Daily Dietribe (Basil Chickpea Burger)
2. Lynns Recipe Adventures (gf mac and cheese)
3. Jillian @ Funny (allergen-free) Girl - White Sandwich Bread
4. Alea @ Gluten Free flavor Full (gf oatmeal shortbread)
5. Jason@JLHealthTulsa (GF Dutch Oven Chili)
6. Jenn Cuisine (NY Style Sun-dried Tomato Bagels)
7. Aubree Cherie @ Living Free (Kickin' Corn Patties)
8. Easy To Be Gluten Free - Skillet Chicken and Rice
9. Amy @ Simply Sugar & Gluten Free (Curried Rice & Lentils)
10. Spaghetti Pie Inspired by Emeril
11. Red Pepper Stuffed with Mashed Cream Potatoes
12. BLAST OFF BURGERS
13. Shirley @ gfe (Kiva's Golden Flax Bread)
14. Renee @ Beyond Rice and Tofu (Summer Grillin' - Veggie)
15. Stephanie @ No Grain No Pain (Amazing Sloppy Dudes!)

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

Labels:


Comments:
Haven't had any burgers lately, but you reminded me of a veggie burger I used to make...so I'm linking to my basil chickpea burgers. I love your beet recipe...I've never gotten very creative with beets before. I usually just put them in a salad or juice them.
 
I am hoping to make some burgers next week.

Beets always remind me of my Grandpa. He would insist that he wasn't going to share his beets with us kids, which of course made us really want to eat them. :-)
 
I love to make burgers so I will try to squeeze in the challenge. This weeks post is GF Dutch Oven Chili.....Thanks for hosting!
 
Hi Linda,

Thanks for highlighting my maple walnut ice cream! It's definitely tasty :)

I love this beet recipe! I also got a nice bunch of beets in my CSA box last week, although I shredded them up to use in a raw salad. I think you're recipe would be a nice dessert! :)

~Aubree Cherie
 
We are not eating much meat although a veggie burger works too. We are having a barbecue, Sunday and we are making burgers. If we try a new recipe and don't just throw it together, I will bring it here.
 
I found a delicious burger. Had to do some searching but we liked this a lot.
 
We are veggie at our house. Just posted about our veggie grilling specials.
We have veggie burgers on the menu this week but I am not sure if I will make some new ones - I have been wanting to make some sweet potato and black bean ones - or if I will just use some already in the freezer. If I make new ones, I will be sure to post about it and link up!
 
I don't know if my Sloppy Dudes can be considered a burger...either way, this meal is pretty dang good!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]