May 13, 2010
Shop Carefully & Buy the Food You Want
Since I dislike returning items, and I dislike wasting money, I try to avoid the situation altogether by making sure I buy what I want. Here’s what I mean:
- Check packages of cheese, grapes, berries, or bread for signs of mold.
- Take the lid off a coffee can, yogurt container, spice jar or other similar item to make sure the seal is intact.
- Look carefully at the bag of potatoes to make sure they are not green.
- Move the baby carrots around in the bag to make sure they are wet, but not slimy.
- Check cans for dents.
- Make sure you are buying the right item and not a different variety your family doesn’t like.
- Check jars of pickles or fruit to make sure they are sealed.
- Look over all produce well.
- Check expiration dates, particularly on dairy products.
I’m sure there is something I missed in the above list. What would you add to it?
For more frugal ideas visit Life as Mom.
Labels: frugal tips
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Links to this post:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]