May 11, 2010

 

Gluten-Free Wednesdays 5/12/10

Gluten-Free WednesdaysI enjoyed the round up of quiche recipes last week.  Take another look and see if there were any you missed.  We had some other delicious, non-quiche entries also.

This month the challenge is to bake a gluten-free cake.  Those of you with other intolerances have a greater challenge, but I know you can come up with something.  My apologies to those of you who don’t have help with eating a cake.  Maybe you’ll just have to have a party!  You could also consider making half a recipe and/or freezing portions of it.Thankfully, I have three teenage boys and a husband who keep me from eating too much dessert. 

You’ve probably noticed the new widget on my blog that scrolls through recent posts.  It also has a tab for Facebook and Twitter.  I haven’t been very good at keeping up with Twitter, but I do post what we’re having for dinner each weeknight on Facebook.  If you need an idea, take a look at that tab and click on over to Facebook where you can view the comments of others who share what they are having for dinner.

My submission this week is the blueberry cobbler I made for the Cascade challenge.  I was thrilled with how well it turned out.  Congratulations to Cindy of Wheatless Foodie for winning the Walmart gift card.

Blueberry Cobbler

blueberry%20cobbler%20on%20plate_thumb%5B4%5D[1]

Please remember to tell us what your post is about (i.e. recipe name), and leave a link back here for others to join in.  If this is your first time participating, please read the guidelines.

1. Chaya - Herbed Cashew Rice with Dried Apricots
2. Comfy Cook - Mushroom Fettucine with Cheese Sauce
3. Lynns Recipe Adventures (chocolate cake)
4. Jason@JLHealthTulsa (5* restaurant GF recipes)
5. Shirley @ gfe (Review GF Gobsmacked Recipes--Rolls and Pizza)
6. Alea @ Gluten Free Flavor Full (GF Cola Cake)
7. Cindy at clean food kitchen (quinanna cookies)
8. Oystergirl@A Moderate Life-Yogurt Cream Cheese and Sauerkraut Not together!
9. Jenn Cuisine (Creamy Taco Mac)
10. Aubree Cherie @ Living Free (GF Whole Grain Bread)
11. Easy To Be Gluten Free - Black Bean Beef and Rice Skillet
12. Heather @Celiac Family (Potato Salad for a Crowd)
13. Denise Therese @ Free to Feast (Blackberry Jam)
14. Lisa @ Extraordinary Life (Black Bean Salad)
15. Jillian @ Funny (allergen-free) Girl - Raspberry Quinoa Bars

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

Labels:


Comments:
Wanted to tell you how much like cakes as a theme. It is fun to alter some of the regular recipes and make them different.
 
I linked up the post where I adopted Kate of Gluten Free Gobsmacked. Her cheese dough (aka homemade "Chebe") is easy to make and can be turned into dinner rolls, hamburger rolls, or pizza crust--yum!

Love the cake idea ... I'm thinking ...

Shirley
 
Your blueberry cobbler looks fantastic!

The gluten free cake challenge is going to be lots of fun. I have had a couple of ideas that I have wanted to play with and you have now given me the perfect excuse. I always 1/2 recipes the first time I make them, it saves money if it bombs and calories if it was a raging success. :D
 
I’m calling my submission “Quinanna Cookies”

I adapted the recipe from the Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes box recipe for Crispy Quinoa Cookies. I substituted two ripe bananas for 1/2 cup honey and 1/4 cup of brown rice syrup for 1/3 cup brown sugar. I substituted 1/4 cup safflower oil for 1/2 cup butter. I also substituted almond butter for peanut butter and omitted the optional nuts. These guilt-free cookies had a sweet and salty goodness without a lot of sugar or fat.
 
Hi! Love your spot and what a wonderful collection of recipes in your carnival! Thank you so much for sharing with us all. My first article is two gluten free favorites in my home that are both full of healthy tummy friendly probiotic lactobacillus. Herbed Creamy Sheep's Milk Yogurt Cheese and Crazy Mixed Up Sauerkraut. Enjoy! Will grab your feed and your tweeeter! Regards, Alex
 
great round up this week! I'm not sure if I'll be able to make a cake by the end of the month but I will certainly try!
 
Thanks for hosting! Enjoy my sugar-free blackberry jam!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]