September 22, 2009

 

Chicken Parmesan

Oven baked chicken parmesan is one of our favorite meals.  For a while I fixed it so often that we actually did get a little tired of it.  Then I went a long while without making it.  When I finally made it again, we were reminded of why we love it so much.  The coating on the chicken keeps it super moist, and the pasta sauce and cheese go so well with it.  If you eat dairy free, all you need to do is omit that cheese that goes on top.

Dry meat is the one thing I often fear when serving company.  Because this chicken always turns out moist, it is a great choice.  In fact, I recently made it for a large group of friends and it was a big hit.

To make this I use these Tortilla Crumbs.  I like the light corn flavor it adds to the dish, but it should work just as well with gluten-free bread crumbs.

chicken parmesan 3

Gluten-Free Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients
Instructions
If the chicken breasts are large, cut them in half.  Place the thicker half inside a plastic freezer bag (a cereal bag works too) and pound it with the flat side of a meat mallet until it is the same thickness as the thinner half.  If keeping the breasts whole, just pound the thicker end.
Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and then coat it with the tortilla crumbs.  Place the pieces in a greased baking dish.

chicken parmesan 1
Bake the chicken at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Pour pasta sauce over and around the chicken pieces.  I like to pour some over the middle of each piece , but not completely cover it.  Top each piece with the cheeses.  Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.  Serve with hot cooked pasta.  Enjoy!

chicken parmesan 2

This recipe is submitted to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday at Blessed with Grace, and the 2009 Bloggy Progressive Dinner.  Visit Cooking During Stolen Moments for more progressive dinner recipes.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I've seen those Tortilla Crumbs, but never tried them. I've been in a menu rut and this recipe might just get me out of it. Thanks.
 
Delicious looking ideas! I haven't made chicken parm in a while - you've just made me move it to the top of my list!
 
I've never made GF chicken parm. You're always able to take those traditional meals and make the GF & delicious. :) Thanks for hosting today! And, if you have a minute stop by my site for Fall Festival 2009 - either link up or leave a comment & you'll be entered in a give-away for a set of baking racks.
 
That looks so good. I really miss cheese when it comes to recipes and dishes like that. I'll just lick my computer screen.
 
I feel like Wendy does, menu rut September! Even my 10day non-menu isn't working cause I haven't been shopping :) Ah well, fall is the time to get back in the kitchen.
Jessie at Blog Schmog
 
This sounds great =D. Chicken must be on the brain - I posted about it too!
 
I love chicken parmesan. I've never tried it with tortilla crumbs. Thanks for the idea, it looks great.
 
what a great idea about the tortilla crumbs!!
 
What a tasty take on chicken parm! I'll definitely have to try it. I always pan fry my chicken before adding the sauce and cheese, but baking would definitely add a healthy spin. Thanks!
 
I've never seen it done this way but I would love to try it. Looks really yummy
 
YUM!!!! We love chicken parm!! :)
 
this seems very easy to do I will give it a try thanks
 
very easy and tasted awesome!! Just made it for dinner!! Thank you!
 
I wonder if you could use Tortilla chips crushed finely instead of the ready to use tortilla crumbs you suggested. I can't find those in my local grocery store. Does anyone have a suggestion?
 
Eli ~ Yes, I think that would work, but unsalted chips would be best. You could also try gluten-free bread crumbs.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]