May 3, 2009

 

Zucchini Muffins

zucchini muffins
Friends gave us a couple of large zucchini last week. I had one left that was getting soft and shriveled so I decided it would be best to put it into a baked product. We had these muffins for breakfast this morning, and everyone loved them. I’m going to give you the single recipe, but I always make a double recipe of muffins. We like having them around for snacks or breakfast the next morning.  Remember, you can substitute any gluten-free flour mix for the total flour amount. 

Gluten-Free Zucchini Muffins

Ingredients
Instructions
Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Make a well in the center. Add the oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stir with a fork to mix well. Stir in the zucchini and nuts.

Spoon into a greased muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.

*Toasting the nuts before adding them to the batter brings out their flavor. It is best to toast them whole and then chop them.  I usually forget that, however, and toast them after they are chopped. You just have to watch them very carefully because they will easily burn.

View Printable Recipes

Labels: ,


Comments:
Linda,these look great. Thank-u for sharing!Have a blessed evening! Faye
 
These do look wonderful!

Do you have a recommendation for banana bread? Maybe replace the zuccini in this recipe with bananas? My husband loves banana bread & i haven't found a good recipe yet. The one i tried yesterday came out so heavy.

Thanks so much! As always i love reading your blot. :)
 
Kathryn, Yes, I would try subbing banana for the zucchini. I have a pumpkin bread recipe that is similar to this one and uses 1 c. pumpkin, so banana should work well.

Your flour mix might be what made it heavy, especially if there is a lot of rice flour.

Let me know if you give it a try.
 
Yum, Now you've gone and made me hungry and I don't have any of those good looking muffins. Time to raid the frig.
 
Oh this looks great! Just yesterday I was cutting up zucchini thinking I should save these for muffins. I'll have to go see how many are left so I can make these today! I'm hungry too!
 
These are SO good and easy to make. I made them for breakfast with 2 little helpers (5&2). We will be making these again. Thanks for a delicious recipe.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
What can I use instead of the eggs, love to try these.
Thank you!!
 
I'm not experienced in baking without eggs, but I would try using egg replacer powder. Sorry I can't be of much help. I'd like to hear how they turn out if you try it.
 
This is the best GF muffin recipe EVER! We even made loaves of quick-bread by subbing yellow squash and raisins and baking at 375 for 30-35 minutes. We've also done banana-chocolate chip muffins. THANKS!!!!

IAtodd
 
Those look yummy! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]