April 13, 2009

 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Bars

Sometimes you just get a hankering for particular foods. (My parents grew up in the country so I learned to use words like “hankering”.) The other evening I had a hankering for peanut butter, which I don’t bake with often because peanuts upset my husbands stomach. However, he was out for the evening, and I really had a hankering for it. But not only peanut butter, it had to have some chocolate with it, and oats sounded mighty good too. These bars are the result of my cravings, and they hit the spot!

chocpeanutoatbars

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oat Bars

Ingredients

Instructions

With your mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the peanut butter and mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Mix in the flour mix and baking soda. By hand, stir in the oats and chocolate chips. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Cool, at least partially, and enjoy!

*You can read information on gluten-free oats at the end of this post.

Labels: ,


Comments:
LINDA,THIS LOOKS YUMMY!I WILL PASS THIS ALONG TO MY DAUGHTER.HAVE A GREAT DAY! BLESSINGS, FAYE
 
What is your secret? All of these delicious sweet treats you make that just make me drool. Do you only make one that you photograph? Are you giving them all away? How do you not eat them all!
 
I don't eat them all because I have two teenage boys, a 12 year old boy, and a husband! Food of any kind does not last long in this house. In this case, I had a craving, but usually it's one of them begging me to make dessert.
 
"You can read information on gluten-free oats at the end of this post."

That link goes to all the posts about oats, not to a specific one.
 
Brenna, Thanks for letting me know. I've corrected the link.
 
Hi Linda

Can't wait to try the recipe!

FYI: I found out recently from a Dr friend of mine that the reason why peanut butter can upset some folks stomachs is that for peanut butter, most companies use the reject peanuts that can't sell as the whole nut. These she told me have a tendency to grow a certain bacteria in them that is hard on the gut.
What she suggested is to get the peanut butter you grind fresh yourself at the local specialty grocery store. Those will be better grade nuts, sans the bacteria.
 
Thanks for that information. It makes sense. My husband has trouble with peanuts and things with peanut oil in them, so I don't think it's just bad peanut butter. It's good to know for those of us who do eat it though.
 
Made them tonight. Very good!
 
I made these bars and they were delicious! My oats seemed a little dry, so I may moisten them a bit the next time. Thank you so much for this recipe!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]