February 18, 2009

 

Gluten-Free Salisbury Steak

BJ’s wholesale club has recently had good prices on ground beef. The other evening I found myself wondering what to do with some of it. Salisbury steaks came to mind, which is unusual because I don’t remember ever making them before. I searched for recipes and found quite a variety. I combined ideas I liked, but mostly went with something simple.

The family enjoyed it and liked having something a little different. I used mushroom flavoring in the cream soup and put sliced mushroom on top where my husband could easily remove them.

salisbury steak

Gluten-Free Salisbury Steak

Ingredients

Instructions

Combine the soup and soy sauce. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the soup. Mix in the ground beef. Form six oval patties and brown them in a little bit of hot cooking oil. Add 1/2 c. water to the remaining soup using a whisk to remove lumps. Pour it over the patties. Cover and cook 10 – 15 minutes. Slice the mushrooms and sauté them in a small skillet. Add them to the top of the patties.

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]