February 11, 2009

 

Easy Gluten-Free Chicken Divan

Chicken divan has always been a favorite of mine. You can find many different recipes that vary in difficulty, but this is an easy one. It’s not as easy as it was when I could just open a can of cream of chicken soup, but it is still easy.
I have memorized the cream soup recipe and can have it made pretty quickly. I’m a fairly impatient person so I dislike recipes that tell you to use low heat. I hate standing over the stove stirring and stirring something while it takes forever to heat up. My solution is to use medium-high heat and watch it carefully. That’s what I do with the cream soup recipe.
chicken divan I added some bacon pieces when I made this the other night simply because I had it on hand and thought it would be interesting. Bacon is not traditionally a part of chicken divan. It didn’t add as much flavor as I thought it would, so I’m going to leave it out of the recipe, but I do like the color it added.
As a side dish I made 1 c. rice and 1/2 c. red quinoa cooked together in water that had a little chicken bouillon.

Chicken Divan

Ingredientschicken divan dinner
Instructions
Place the chicken and broccoli in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Add salt and pepper to the cream of chicken soup. Thin the soup with milk. (I don’t actually remember how much I used, but just thin it so it can be poured over the entire dish.) Pour or spoon the soup evenly over the chicken and broccoli. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes. Everything is cooked so it just needs to get hot.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Lots of great information here. I've added you to the list over at the Crispy Cook 2. Thanks!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]