January 25, 2009

 

Salmon Cakes & Sweet Potato Fries

salmon cake

I go through phases with some foods. Canned salmon is one of them. I hadn’t used it in a long time, but recently picked some up at the store. Tonight I decided to put it to use and made salmon cakes (recipe below).

I also tried out a new food item for us – Alexia sweet potato julienne fries (frozen). The ingredient list looked safe including modified potato starch and rice flour. My two older kids were not home for dinner so I didn’t get their reaction, but the three of us who ate them thought they were good. In fact, my husband usually does not eat sweet potatoes so I didn’t tell him what they were. He guessed sweet potatoes or carrots by the color and willingly gave them a try. They were a hit, and now I have a way to serve him sweet potatoes!

Gluten-Free Salmon Cakes

Combine all ingredients in a bowl then form into patties (I made five). Fry in hot oil until brown on both sides and hot through.

These were a big hit with the kids. One of boys who was not home for dinner had one for lunch the next day and said, "What was that thing I ate? Do you have more?"

This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I love salmon!
 
I don't know why I don't cook much salmon. Thanks for the good reminder.
 
Mmm yum. I bet the wee ones would eat these. They love salmon, but I've never tried the canned kind with them. And the GF fries sound good -- especially if non-sweet potato eaters like them!
 
My Grammy used to make these when I was little. Totally delish. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am going to make some soon in honor of my Grammy!
 
sounds good!
you've given me an idea as i just ground old GF bread into breadcrumbs this past weekend.
thanks :)
erin--@ glutenfreewithapurpose
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]