November 7, 2008

 

Pumpkin Pudding

This is a quick and easy fall dessert. I can't remember where I recently found the recipe, but I have modified it to suit our tastes.

2 sm. pkgs. butterscotch pudding
15 oz. canned pumpkin
2 Tb. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix the pudding according to the package instructions. Put it in the refrigerator while you do the next step. Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir the pumpkin into the pudding mixing well. You can top it with cool whip if desired.

If you use vanilla pudding, it tastes very much like pumpkin pie filling. We like butterscotch which gives a twist to the flavor but still has a hint of pumpkin pie.

Labels:


Comments:
I didn't think that butterscotch pudding was gluten free? All of the ones I have seen have gluten hiding in them somewhere, whether is in the coloring or the flavoring. Is there a specific brand you have found to be gluten free? I would love to know because I used to love using butterscotch chips and puddings in recipes.
 
I used Jello-O brand, but I don't have a box on hand now. I'm sure I checked the ingredients. Carmel coloring and flavorings used to be a concern, but according to the food labeling law if wheat is used in those ingredients it would have to be stated on the package. Barley and Rye wouldn't be used.
 
I have to take back that last statement. I just checked a package of butterscotch morsels I recently bought and it has barley protein listed as part of the flavoring. I will have to double check the pudding. That's why we need to always read ingredients. Thanks Chatty Housewife for keeping me on my toes!
 
I called Kraft today about the pudding. Their policy is to list any wheat, rye or barley in the ingredient list on the package. They do not publish a gluten-free list of foods. So, she couldn't say all of the instant butterscotch pudding is GF, but the one she looked at was. That means most likely all of them are. Yeah! Just remember to check the label.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]