November 3, 2008

 

Beef & Bean Casserole

It's time to go grocery shopping, but I won't get to it until tomorrow or Wednesday, so this evening I'm dependent on what's in the freezer. Last month I bought a large pack of ground beef and a bag of onions at BJ's. I divided the meat up by the pound and fried it with some onion. I then froze each pound in a quart size freezer bag with the meat spread out so the bag would lay flat and thaw quickly. I also chopped and froze the onion that didn't get put in with ground beef. Having food like that in the freezer makes dinner time much easier.

Here's is an all in one type casserole recipe. I like putting tater tots on top, but if you don't have or don't like them, just top it with cheese and fix another side to go with it.

Gluten-Free Beef & Bean Casserole

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onion (more or less to taste)
1 recipe cream soup (mushroom or chicken)
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
16 oz. frozen green beens
shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 bag tater tots

Instructions:
Cook and drain the green beans. Cook the beef and onion in a skillet. Drain the fat. Prepare the cream soup. (Cream of mushroom is good with this recipe. You can use chopped canned mushrooms and add the liquid to the soup.) Add the salt and garlic to the soup and mix well. Add the beef and onions and stir.
Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Put half the beans in the bottom of the dish. Spread half the meat mixture over top. Sprinkle with grated cheese to taste. Repeat bean and beef layers. Top with a layer of tater tots.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Labels: ,


Comments:
I don't eat meat, but I'm always impressed by thrown together freezer casseroles. It looks good!
 
This is what I am making for dinner tonight. :)
 
How can you turn down anything made with tater tots??
I used to make this a lot, but I used mixed veggies instead of green beans. Mmmm. I wonder if I have a bag of tots in the freezer...
 
Oh, if only my picky, non-casserole eating peeps would eat this. I love tater tots! LOL! I don't eat them often, but this is a total comfort food casserole right here!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]