October 9, 2008

 

Pudding Cookies Recipe

gluten-free chocolate pudding cookies
These cookies have been a huge hit at our house this week. On Tuesday my kids needed to take some cookies to a class. I made this recipe using vanilla pudding and chocolate chips. One of my kids said, "They won't even know they're gluten-free." All the cookies were eaten and the report I got was that the kids (teens) really liked them.

The picture shows my most recent version of these cookies with chocolate pudding and white morsels. The kids think these are fabulous, and they don't have to eat gluten-free.

I recently found this recipe at Delightfully Gluten Free. I made one small change and I'm including the combination of flours that I used, but any gluten-free mix should work well. Just use the same total amount of flour.

Pudding Cookies

3/4 c. rice flour
3/4 c. sorghum flour
1/2 c. potato starch
1/4 c. tapioca starch
3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tsp. baking soda

1 c. butter, softened (2 sticks)
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 small box instant pudding
2 eggs
2 c. (12 oz.) chocolate or other flavor chips (optional)
chopped nuts (optional)

Combine the flours, gum and baking soda in a small bowl. In your mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and pudding and beat until smooth. Add the eggs and beat again. Gradually add the flour mixture. With a spoon or spatula, stir in the chips and nuts if using. Drop by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 9-11 minutes.

You can be creative with this recipe by trying different puddings and chips. So far I've only tried the two ways I mentioned above, but I'm definitely going to try some other variations. Let me know if you try something you really like.

Depending on the flour mix you use, you might be able to roll the dough and press it onto the cookie sheet. The sorghum flour makes the dough a little too sticky for this, and they turn out just as well by dropping.

Enjoy!

Labels: ,


Comments:
These look delish! Found you via Shannon and I'll be back!
 
I'm so excited to find your site! I'm emailing it to my friend who was just diagnosed with celiacs.
 
Oh YUM!~!! I will be making these for sure! Wish I had some pudding right now! I am going to try the cheesecake pudding flavor with chocolate chips!
 
pudding cookies?! how have I never heard of such a thing.

I'm going to try and make time to try these over the weekend and I'll be sure to let you know how they turn out!!
 
Linda, I made these today and they ROCK! I used chocolate pudding with chocolate chips. I posted about it on my blog. :)

Thanks for a great recipe! I did change the flour mix around b/c I had some that needed to be used.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]