September 16, 2008

 

Meatloaf Tips & Tricks


I consider meatloaf to be one of my quick and easy meals. Here's how.
  1. I use only ground beef. I almost always have some in the freezer, laid out thin and flat in a zip lock freezer bag so that it thaws quickly.
  2. I keep a box of instant mashed potatoes on hand just for meatloaf. I use it in place of breadcrumbs.
  3. I mix the meatloaf in my KitchenAid mixer. Probably any heavy-duty mixer with a paddle would work just as well.
  4. I put the meatloaf in a 8" x 8" baking dish so it only needs to bake for 45 minutes. If you need it done even more quickly, put the meatloaf in a muffin tin and bake for 35 minutes. I used to do this often, and we called them meat muffins. I now stick to the square dish because clean up is easier.
  5. Many times I will make two batches and freeze one before it is cooked.
For more kitchen tips visit Tammy's Recipes-Kitchen Tip Tuesday.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]