January 25, 2011

 

Gluten-Free Wednesdays 1/26/11

Gluten-Free Wednesdays2

Welcome to Gluten-Free Wednesdays!  I didn’t get to visit as many links as I had hoped last week, but I did have a wonderful couple of days with my parents.  They moved recently and still need help settling in and cleaning out their old house.  Thanks for everyone’s participation.  There were lots of great looking links.

Monthly Challenge:  January’s challenge is to make a gluten-free biscuit.  I have plans for one more biscuit experiment here at the end of the month.  If it turns out, I’ll be sharing the recipe soon.  You have until next week to link up biscuit recipes because I won’t get February’s challenge posted until the end of next week.

Last Week’s Highlights:  The biscuit recipes really started rolling in last week.  Be sure to check these out.
Cheddar Biscuits from Gluten Free Birmingham
Lemon Currant Scones (Vegan & Soy Free) from Without Adornment
The Most Amazing Biscuits from gluten free diva
Grain-Free Cheese Biscuits from Chickiepea’s Blog
Lowfat Biscuits from Book of Yum
Sweet Potato Biscuits (Dairy, Egg & Soy Free) from gluten free gigi
Gluten-Free Biscuits from Gluten Free Recipe Box
Susannah's Gluten-Free Biscuits from Seven Sisters

Guest Post:  This week I have a guest post over at Lisa's Gluten-Free Advice and Healthy Living where I share my split pea soup recipe.

My Submission:  A terrific muffin recipe.

Cranberry Walnut Muffins
cranberry walnut muffin

The Carnival:  If you’re new, please read the guidelines.  All gluten-free eating links are welcome (it doesn’t have to be a monthly challenge recipe) as long as you leave a link back.


This linky list is now closed.
Get your own FREE Linky Tools

Labels:


Comments:
Those cranberry walnut muffins look wonderful!
 
Hi Linda- Happy Wednesday!
This week I am sharing my recipe for Zucchini Lasagna. It is gluten free and low carb because zucchini takes the place of lasagna noodles. There is not much cheese in this recipe either, just a little on the top.
Thanks for hosting!
 
Hi Linda! I am always so happy when I make a gluten free recipe so I can stop by and link up with you on wednesday! I love the challenge of making biscuits. I am going to have to try that! I just made some for my family and have some lard left over, I will try some gluten free ones! This week I am linking up a great tex mex quinoa loco that my kids said is their new favorite recipe! all the best! Alex
 
Thank you so much for doing Biscuits this month. I can't wait to try some of them.
 
Oh, boy, look at all those biscuit recipes ... yum. Sadly, I didn't get to participate in this challenge, but I still want biscuits, so thanks to you and others for giving me lots of options. :-)

I just made the best pumpkin pie ever. Crustless, gluten free, and dairy free ... it's amazingly good. A reader tweaked my recipe and this pie is the result.

Shirley
 
No biscuits from me. I'll just have to use all the great ones here. I spent a couple weeks cooking from Stephanie O'Dea's new book and made some great slow cooker meals.
 
Hi Linda,
That muffin looks really good.
Thank-you for sharing your split pea soup recipes wiht my reader's, I really appreciate it.
Have a good week.
Lisa's Gluten-Free Advice and Healthy Living
 
What a fun challenge! I added another grain-free biscuit recipe, and it's delicious and easy. It tastes similar to whole wheat, which I found incredible, but with a very tender crumb.

Thanks for featuring our cheese biscuits too!
 
Bummer, I had a busy week and got my biscuit recipe ready too late! Feel free to surf over to my blog and see it :)
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]