December 28, 2010

 

Gluten-Free Wednesdays 12/29/10

Gluten-Free Wednesdays2

I hope everyone had a great week and enjoyed their Christmas.  I sure did.  We spent most of the week with my sister and her family.  I prepared a number of cookie and bread mixes ahead of time so I could do some gluten-free baking while I was there.  Using a hand mixer made it a bit challenging, but everything turned out great. 

Giveaway:  I currently have a gluten-free apricot oatmeal giveaway going on that you don’t want to miss.

Monthly Challenge:  December is coming to a close and I hope to have January’s challenge posted soon (maybe Friday).  December’s challenge is to make a gluten-free cookie.  Cookie entries submitted this week will be highlighted next week. 

Last Week’s Highlights: Here are the cookie recipes that were linked up last week.
Cashew-Goji Bars from Fresh Healthy Cooking
Cinnamon Peanut Butter Cookies from Marine Corps Nomads
Brownie Covered Oreos from Sugar and Spice
Apricot Almond Refrigerator Cookies from Andrea’s Kitchen
Cherry Almond Coconut Kisses from The Mommy Bowl
Lemon Meringue Cookies from Extraordinary Life
Flourless Spiced Chocolate Macaroons from Easy to be Gluten Free
Chocolate Chip Cookies from Losing Creek Farm
Guest Posts:  This week Ellen from gluten free diva shared her chai chocolate nog latte with us. 

My Submission:  I don’t have a new recipe of my own this week, and so I’m submitting an old one.  This festive appetizer is naturally gluten and dairy free and is very popular.  It would make a great New Year’s Eve appetizer.

Cran-Apple Salsa
cran-apple salsa


The Carnival:  If you’re new, please read the guidelines.   Thanks for participating, and please leave a link back. 

This linky list is now closed.
Get your own FREE Linky Tools

Labels:


Comments:
Happy Wednesday - I am submitting a GF Vegan Soy-Free Strawberry Ice Cream
 
Happy New Year Linda!
Thanks for featuring my Apricot Almond Refrigerator Cookies this week!
I have had a lot of fun converting cookie recipes to gluten free this holiday season!
This week I am sharing my Chocolate Sambuca Cookies. As always, they can be made gluten free, or "normal" if the reader doesn't have issues with gluten.
 
Linda, I linked up an announcement about Stephanie O'Dea's new slow cooker cookbook coming out. It's both mainstream and gluten free, and there's a giveaway in my post, too. I deciced to by several copies instead of just one for myself. I don't really have a review as I don't have her book yet. Hope that's okay.

I also linked up a review of Oskri Organic Bars.

Amazing group of cookie recipes from last week, and that salsa of yours has long held my interest. :-) Making your ham loaf this evening. ;-)

Hugs,
Shirley
 
Whew! Came up with a cookie recipe just in time!
 
Yum, those brownie oreos look fantastic!
 
Happy New Year Linda! This week I'm sharing our final course to our Christmas dinner :) Hope you had a wonderful holiday!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]