November 30, 2010

 

Gluten-Free Wednesdays 12/1/10

Gluten-Free Wednesdays2

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.  I certainly did.  My brother usually does the cooking and does a great job of making most of the dinner gluten-free.  My sister and I are also dairy free this year so I made a separate batch of mashed potatoes for us.  I also contributed a sweet potato casserole and gluten/dairy free pumpkin pies.  We had a great time and spent several days with extended family.  I took a blogging/computer break, and it is taking me a while to get back into the swing of things. 

Guest Posts:  If anyone is interested in doing a guest post for me in the next month, let me know.  A holiday related post would be great, but anything gluten-free related would be good.  Just send me an email.

Monthly Challenge:  November’s pie challenge is now over, and hopefully I will be posting December’s challenge on Friday.

Last Week’s Highlights: There were several pies & tarts to wrap up November’s challenge.  You’ll want to visit them if you missed them last week.
Ginger Maple Pear Pie from The Pink Cowgirl
Chocolate Pecan Tart from No Grain, No Pain
Pumpkin Cheesecake from No Grain, No Pain
Walnut Cranberry Pear Tart from Sugar & Spice
Squash Fest:  Don’t forget to stop by on Thursday.  There will be one more Squash Fest post from Ellen of I Am Gluten Free.

My Submission:  Here’s a great way to use leftover roast beef.

Roast Beef Skillet Meal

roast beef skillet meal


The Carnival:  If you’re new, please read the guidelines.  Because of the holiday I did not get to visit most of the links last week.  Hopefully I will be able to do so this week. Thanks for participating, and don't forget to leave a link back.

Labels:


Comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to you! I am linking a recipe for Cinnamon Chipotle Chocolate Ice Cream - completely gluten-free and dairy-free :)
 
aah I was just one week too late with my cheesecake! well, it was tasty, so I'm going to share it this week :)

Glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving!
 
Hi, Linda! So glad that you had a wonderful and restful Thanksgiving! :-) I'm just home from vacation and it was great, but similar to you, I feel like I'm moving in slow motion "getting back in the groove." ;-)

I've linked up a review of a great new book intended for children, but helfpul for all-- Mommy, What Is Celiac Disease? There's a giveaway of the book and other gf products, too.

Missed checking out most of the recipes last week, so I'm looking forward to catching up with them and to December's challenge!

Hugs,
Shirley
 
I am sharing one of my favorite gluten-free recipes - Salmon Pie with a Potato Crust. Hope you all enjoy!
 
I'm so glad you had a good Thanksgiving! Getting back into the groove is taking me awhile, too, but there's so much I want to do, I need to get busy! That's why I like easier recipes like your Roast Beef Skillet Meal -- it looks delicious! -- and like the Chicken Stew I entered. My chicken stew has carrots and celery, but no potatoes, so for me it's a low-carb meal. For my husband, I heat up some leftover rice or potatoes to go with it. Then we're both happy!
 
My link-up this week is especially apropros, since it's dairy-free as well as gluten-free. My first foray into dairy-free baking is with vegetable shortening, though I've heard great things about coconut oil and plan on putting some in my cart this week.
 
Well I guess the holiday season has begun. Wishing everyone happy and healthy holidays. I am passing along an urgent e-mail I received from the North Pole along with wheat free and dairy free snacks for Santa.
 
Your Thanksgiving sounds lovely. I'm finding it hard to get back in the groove myself, so I'm sharing a review of my kids' favorite store-bought baguettes. I haven't mastered baking my own yet, though Jean Layton has a sourdough recipe that looks promising.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]