November 23, 2010

 

Gluten-Free Wednesdays 11/24/10

Gluten-Free Wednesdays2

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving this week.  If you didn’t see my recent posts, I have 10 Gluten-Free Holiday Tips and a roundup of a few of my Thanksgiving worthy recipes.

November’s Challenge: Make a Gluten-Free Pie.  Link your pie recipes here on Wednesdays, and I’ll highlight them the following week.

Last Week’s Highlights:  I’m thrilled to have lots of pies and related recipes to highlight this week.
Pumpkin Cream Pie from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Tart from Gluten Free A-Z Blog
No Roll, Never Fail Press in Pie Crust from gluten free easily
Food Allergy Friendly Pumpkin Pie from Gluten Free & Loving It
Jeweled Coconut Cream Pie from Gluten Free Gigi
Bananas Foster Cream Pie from Sugar & Spice
Vegan Walnut Pie from The Mommy Bowl
Vegan Spinach Pie from Book of Yum
Spinach, Mushroom, & Tomato Quiche from Cozy Home Scenes
Squash Fest:  Don’t forget to stop by on Thursdays for a guest post on squash. We’ll be taking a break this week, but there will be one more the following week from Ellen of I Am Gluten Free.

My Submission:
Butternut Squash Soup

Butternut squash soup


The Carnival:  If you’re new, please read the guidelines.  Thanks for participating, and don't forget to leave a link back.

Labels:


Comments:
Hmmm, I've decided I am not such a rule follower. Yet again, I have posted 2 NON-pie (but very similar to pie) recipes! You can choose to use them or not, but regardless, hope someone enjoys them :)

Maybe once I see all the delicious pies you're gathering I will get the nerve to actually try one!
 
No pies made yet for me, but I linked to my Southern-style Turkey Dressing (similar to stuffing, but cut into squares.) It's traditionally made with cornbread, but we are off corn, so I made a millet-based bread as the base.

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
I think I did the Linky Thing correctly. Have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday!
 
Your blog is one of the things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday!
 
I've done my pies and pie crusts already, so it's back to some muffins today. But they are seasonal and great for Thanksgiving since they are Pumpkin Corn Muffins. :-)

I echo what Pat says, Linda. I'm thankful for you and your blog! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Shirley
 
This soup recipe is great for using up leftover turkey. Have a great Holiday!
 
I am looking below at you butternut squash soup. All I can say is, "Three cheers for squash soup." It looks delicious, smooth and velvety.
 
Hi, how would you like to link this yummy looking soup to Ler'S Do Lunch at My Sweet and Savory? I would be thrilled if you do. I love soup and it perfect for lunch, especially in the cold weather.

http://sweetsav.blogspot.com/2010/11/lets-do-lunch-breakfast-brunch-4.html
 
Hi, Linda. I tried to link up my Honey Pumpkin Custard, but seems the link doesn't work. Not sure why, but in any case, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving - I've enjoyed looking through all your yummy Thanksgiving recipes! :)
~Gigi
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]