October 26, 2010

 

Gluten-Free Wednesdays 10/27/10

Gluten-Free Wednesdays2

Welcome to Gluten-Free Wednesdays!  If you are looking for gluten-free recipes and eating ideas, you’ve come to the right place. I enjoyed everyone’s links last week, and I look forward to what you have to share this week.

October’s Challenge: Create a Gluten-Free Loaf of Quick Bread – This is the last week for the quick bread challenge.  I’ll be posting November’s challenge next week so be on the look out for it.

Last Week’s Highlights:
Pear Bread from Gluten-Free Flavor Full
Vegan Whole-Grain Bread from The Daily Dietribe
Zucchini Carrot Bread from My Sweet and Savory
Coconut Bread with Pineapple Butter from Fire and Salt
Squash Fest:  Don’t forget to stop by on Thursdays for a guest post on squash. This week we’ll hear from Shirley of Gluten Free Easily with a cushaw pecan pie recipe.

My Submission:  I did get a quick bread made last week, and it was terrific.  A couple of people have already made it and commented that it was great.

Butternut Squash Bread
butternut squash bread slice 
The Carnival:  If you’re new, please read the guidelines.  I love seeing everyone’s submissions, and I hope you are able to visit some of the links and leave a comment.  Thanks for participating, and don't forget to leave a link back.

Labels:


Comments:
Butternut Squash Bread sounds wonderful! I made a pumpkin bread, but haven't had time to post it. Instead I am sharing my super easy and super addictive Chai Latte Cupcakes.
 
It must be the week for baking bread! I baked an Artisan Loaf and it turned out beautifully! Thanks for the butternut squash recipe...I'll have to give that a try next :)

Jessi
 
Your Butternut Squash Bread looks beautiful! I wish I'd been able to offer a quick bread, but my oven is on the blink :-(

Instead, I cooked some Multibean Soup to make my husband happy, which also turned out to match fall's colored leaves outside. And today, after the windstorm that passed through yesterday evening, we have a lot MORE of those leaves on the ground!

Pat @ Elegantly Gluten-Free
 
Hi, this is my first time participating. The quick breads look lovely. I don't have one of my own because I don't often eat bread. But I made a nice tart crust the other day that was light and shortbread-like that I'd like to share.
 
Linda, I tried to follow the program and create a new bread, but in the end I had to go with an old classic of mine, pumpkin bread. I tell more about my baking woes yesterday in my post. Live and learn type of thing. ;-)

Thanks for hosting each week and creating challenges for us!

Shirley
 
Hi Linda, I tried to link up last night but couldn't for some reason!! I added my Pumpkin Sweet Potato Ale Chili this week! Was going to get my banana cranberry quick bread loaf made but life got in my way! Guess I will have to accomplish November's challenge instead!
A lot of great recipes already!
Thanks so much!
Kim
 
I really wanted to participate this month, but all my bread efforts failed. I think I'm better with muffins :) I'm going to have to give your butternut squash bread a try!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]