October 12, 2010

 

Gluten-Free Wednesdays 10/13/10

Gluten-Free Wednesdays2

Announcements:  I’m thrilled to say that this carnival has been growing.  However, the increase in participation has made putting together the monthly review by category too time consuming.  For subscribers, that means you need to click over to the blog to view the carnival links. In addition, I want to let you know that this week I will not be able to comment on each of your links.  My mom is having surgery, and I will be spending time helping her.  I’ll try to visit all the links some time in the next week and give them a quick stumble, but I won’t have time to comment.

October’s Challenge: Create a Gluten-Free Loaf of Quick Bread – I’ll be looking out for and highlighting challenge posts that are linked up during the month. 

Last Week’s Highlights:
Harvest Loaf from Chaya’s Comfy Cook Blog
Cinnamon Raisin Bread from Simply Sugar & Gluten Free
Making & Using GF Bread from Jenn Cuisine (see what she does with zucchini bread)
Squash Fest:  Don’t forget to stop by on Thursdays for a guest post on squash. This week we’ll hear from Aubree of Living Free with a butternut squash dessert recipe. So far we’ve had a recipe for Curried Roasted Butternut Squash Soup, and tips about how to roast a butternut squash

My Submission:  This week I have an easy tasty dish that’s great for using leftover chicken.

Chicken, Vegetable & Pineapple Skillet Meal

chicken, veggie & pineapple skillet

The Carnival:  If you’re new, please read the guidelines.  I love seeing everyone’s submissions, and I hope you are able to visit some of the links and leave a comment.  Thanks for participating, and don't forget to leave a link back.  

Labels:


Comments:
I hope your mom is okay!

I didn't realize quick bread was your challenge this month, and I accidently made a quick bread last night! It was supposed to be more of a cake, but it came out tasting like whole-grain bread. A couple more test runs and it'll be ready!
 
Your skillet meal with the chicken and pineapple looks great! Wishing your mom all the best with her surgery...
 
Linda :) SO excited about this week's recipe! It's made up of tasty seasonal and local homemade ingredients :). I hope you are having a wonderful week!

Jessi :)
 
Linda--First, all the best to your mom, and you as her caregiver. Sending good, healing thoughts!

I linked up a new flourless cookie recipe that I made into heavenly S'mores ... no graham crackers needed. ;-)

Hugs,
Shirley
 
I love making quick breads. Mine for this week is my Holiday Pumpkin bread -- gf, egg free, dairy free and low fat. And it tastes good too!

Sending good thoughts to your mother. Hope all goes well with the surgery.
 
Hoping the very best for your mother!

My submission this week is an old favorite -- pumpkin pie -- updated with a lower glycemic sweetener, agave nectar, and with your Multi-Purpose Pastry Dough. My hubby especially likes the pastry dough.
 
I added my peanut butter squares but it doesn't look like the name hyperlink is working. The picture one seems to. I don't know. Anyways... http://www.imadetoast.com/2010/09/peanut-butter-squares.html
 
Thanks so much for featuring my cinnamon raisin bread! I love it...had some toasted the other day. :)

Not really a recipe today but a round-up of some healthier comfort foods. Thanks for hosting, Linda!!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]