October 3, 2010

 

Create a Gluten-Free Loaf of Quick Bread Challenge

Monthly Challenge6
Quick breads refer to any bready type food that does not use yeast but does use quick leavening agents such as baking soda and baking powder.  I have decided to narrow this challenge to a specific type of quick bread: a loaf.  Common quick bread loaves include zucchini bread, banana bread, and pumpkin bread, but I’m sure there are others.  Muffins are not included in this challenge, but you can often use a muffin recipe for making loaf bread.


For this challenge, you might consider changing a recipe you already know works in one of the following ways:
I found a helpful article on Baking Quick Breads at Allrecipes.com. It has good tips on things like soaking dried fruit and glazing quick breads.  It also has troubleshooting ideas at the end of the article.

The only quick loaf I have posted is gluten-free zucchini bread.  You are welcome to play with that recipe if you like.

zucchini bread slice

Remember to come back on Wednesdays and link your challenge posts any week in October.  I’ll be looking for challenge recipes to highlight each week.

If you are not a blogger but like to do these challenges at home, I would love it if you take a minute to leave a comment or send me an email letting me know what you’ve done.  You don’t need to send the recipe, I would just like to hear that you gave it a try.

Labels:


Comments:
Oooh, I'm definitely giving this one some thought. Something autumn-y would be fun, incorporating all the great flavors of this season! Great challenge!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]