September 28, 2010

 

Squash Fest

SquashFest3 A few weeks ago I started receiving squash in my CSA box.  I’ve mostly gotten butternut squash, but also an acorn squash.  Although zucchini is one of our favorite vegetables, I’ve done very little with other squashes.  Last year I made a butternut squash soup that I really liked, and I cooked spaghetti squash a few times.  Really, my squash experience is very limited.  However, in an effort to eat more seasonally I decided I want to try more squash recipes this fall.  That gave me the idea for this Squash Fest (actually Wendy of Celiacs in the House came up with the name). 

What is the Squash Fest?  I have asked eight bloggers to do a guest post including a squash recipe or squash tips.  Those guest posts will show up here on Thursdays beginning this week and going until the week before Thanksgiving.  A big thank you to all these bloggers.  Here’s the line up:

September 30 Wendy of Celiacs in the House
October 7 Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl
October 14 Aubree of Living Free
October 21 Alta of Tasty Eats at Home
October 28 Shirley of Gluten Free Easily
November 4 Heidi of Adventures of a Gluten-Free Mom
November 11 Amy of Simply Sugar & Gluten Free
November 18 Iris of The Daily Dietribe

By the way, if anyone is interested in doing a holiday themed guest post for me in December, just let me know.

Labels:


Comments:
Linda, I'm also experimenting with squash this fall. I purchased some spaghetti and acorn squash yesterday and can't wait to make them! Tis the season for squash!
 
I'm looking forward to taking part in the Squash Fest, Linda! :-) I think it will be a lot of fun and expand all our horizons a bit. Cute button, too ... did you create it?

Shirley
 
I'm looking forward to taking part in the Squash Fest, Linda! :-) I think it will be a lot of fun and expand all our horizons a bit. Cute button, too ... did you create it?

Shirley
 
Shirley ~ I'm glad you're participating and I might have one more guest poster to add. I did create the button. I'm glad you like it. I enjoy doing that kind of thing (which is why I change my blog so much).
 
So excited about this Squash Fest! Thanks for inviting me to be a part of it.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]