July 20, 2010

 

Gluten-Free Wednesdays 7/21/10

Gluten-Free Wednesdays2

Right now, if I were to make a meal from entries submitted last week, and I had all the ingredients needed,  I think it would be this:

Poached King Salmon from Jason @ JLHealthTulsa served with
Cooked Daylilies from Aubree Cherie @ Living Free and
Italian Roasted Red Peppers from Easy to be Gluten Free. 

Then for dessert I would have Easy Berry Crumble from Kim @ Cook It Allergy Free.

There were plenty of other great recipes too, but the flavors and colors of these are particularly appealing to me at the moment.

I have still not been doing a lot of cooking and did zero baking in the past week.  It’s just too hot!  So this week’s entry is another cool one that uses cucumber from my garden.

Cucumber Mint Salad

cucumbersmint_thumb3[1]

If this is your first time participating in the carnival, please read the guidelines.  

1. Lynns Recipe Adventures (blueberry pancakes)
2. Wendy@glutenfreegreenie (Flaxseed, Quinoa, and Almond flour Bread)
3. Kim @ Cook It Allergy Free {Tips to overcome Gluten Free Baking Mishaps}
4. Aubree Cherie (French Onion Tart - Gluten and Dairy Free)
5. Shirley @ gfe (Review of 3 E-Books & Banana Choc Chip Muffin Recipe)
6. Lisa @ Extraordinary Life (home made ice cream)
7. Chaya - Country French Omelet
8. Chaya - Honey Vanilla Pound Cake
9. Easy To Be Gluten Free - Chicken Chilaquiles Casserole
10. Wendy@Celiacs in the House(Gf Panko Bread Crumbs Recipes and Review)
11. Jason@JLHealthTulsa (GF 5* Fillet of Sole Almondine)
12. Jenn Cuisine (All About GF Substitutions - The Best of Both Worlds)
13. Alea (GF DF Carrot Oatmeal Cookie)
14. Amy @ Simply Sugar & Gluten Free (Slow Cooked Fresh Beans)
15. Pat @ GF Food That Even My Husband Likes (Somemores - Semisweet & GF)
Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

Labels:


Comments:
I have not really wanted to bake recently either. It is just to hot to turn on the oven.
 
Your cucumbers look delicious. Tonight I wanted cucumber so much I just grabbed one of the fridge, rinsed it off, and just ate it like I would an apple. I didn't even slice it!
Now I want pickles.
 
Tonight I made a version of your cucumber salad with what i had on hand. I used the mini Persian cucumbers. The kids told me it was their new favorite salad and it totally reminded me of my grandma! ;0)
Glad you thought my Berry Crumbles would be a good dessert to finish off the meal you would make if you could!
This week, instead of a recipe, I submitted the tips that I think are the underlying foundation to great gluten free and allergy free baking!
 
I haven't been doing any baking either! Cooking has also been at a minimum. I like the meal you put together though, thanks for including me in it! :)

~Aubree Cherie
 
That does sound like a great meal, Linda! And, I'm very intrigued by your cucumber mint salad. I've always liked mint in coolers (like your granita) and ice cream, but never ventured far past that. My mint is trying to make a comeback, so I need to grab some from a neighbor as you suggested. ;-)

I reviewed three terrific e-books and I just realized that in my link, I said three gf books, but one is not gf. It has about of 1/3 of the recipes as gf, and the others are easily adaptable to gf. I shared the Banana Choc Chip Muffins recipe that I adapted to be gf. I'm wondering if you can fix my link and take out the gf in the title. ? So sorry, about the boo boo. Thanks for hosting as always!

Shirley
 
I have cucumbers on the menu plan this week in a black-eyed pea salad. Mint and cucumber sounds like a great way to stay cool in this crazy hot summer. My Kinnikinnick Panko Bread Crumb recipes have been a hit in our house, so I thought I'd share.
 
Linda!! I can't tell you how suprised I was to come to your site this morning and see my name in "lights"! Thank you so much! This week continues the fish theme with a great GF Fillet of Sole Almondine. Thanks again!!
 
It won't be long before my cucmbers are coming in and I can try your recipe. Can't wait, it sounds cool and refreshing!

I haven't been baking much either, mostly just trying to use up all of my garden produce.
 
Since it's been so warm, I confess I wanted something so easy it didn't even need a cooking fire -- Somemores in the microwave! To balance that, though, I really need some of those luscious cucumbers in your picture!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]