March 4, 2010

 

Create a Gluten-Free Muffin Challenge

Monthly Challenge This month I decided we should have a gluten-free baking challenge.  You guys are great bakers, and I’ve already seen some terrific muffin recipes.   Muffins are fun to make and fun to eat.  They can be sweet or savory, and are perfect for eating any time of day.

If you need a place to start, below is a basic recipe that you can experiment with.  Try using different flour combinations, and vary the additions and optional ingredients.  I bet you can come up with several great muffin recipes that you and your family will enjoy. 

Work on your muffin recipes this month, then come back on April 7th and add your link.  If you don’t have a blog, feel free to email your recipe to me.

If you need more inspiration than the recipe below.  Here are my previously posted muffin recipes.  You will also find some in the carnival archives.

zucchini%20muffins_thumb%5B2%5D[1]
Cinnamon Pear Muffins
Coconut Muffins
Ham & Cheese Corn Muffins
Multi-Grain Apple Muffins
Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Zucchini Muffins


Basic Gluten-Free Muffin Recipe


Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.  In a smaller bowl, or measuring cup, combine the egg, flavoring,  and liquid.  Add that with the oil to the dry ingredients and whisk together until moistened.  Stir in additions.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.  Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.  Usually best served warm.

Additions: 
Use your imagination.  When adding wet ingredients, such as canned fruit, use the lesser amount of liquid.

Optional Ingredients: 

Labels:


Comments:
I've been playing around with some pumpkin muffins for a while now. Haven't managed to make the perfect recipe yet, but I'll have 'em ready for the challenge. :)
 
Ooo, I love this months challenge! Muffins are grand. Giving a base muffin recipe was such an awesome idea, especially for those of us who are sort of new to gluten free baking. You've given a great place to start!
 
I definitely have to try your muffin recipe :) I've never had muffins turn out such nicely risen like your picture!
 
You know me and my muffins! Don't get me started!
 
I am truly a "recipe chef". I rarely/never venture out on my own. I guess it come with being an engineer. Anyway, I am SUPER excited to see what everyone else comes up with. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE muffins. Did I mention that I LOVE muffins? :) Probably my favorite food.
 
I love a challenge! I have been playing with an idea in my head for gf muffins. I will be back once I have made it work!
 
I LOVE muffins...we have them all the time...and it is about time for a new construct...thanks for the challenge!

Live Laugh and Enjoy!

Fire-Eyes
 
Love the new challenge button! Very attractive and inspiring. :-) Great roundup of your muffin recipes, too.

Shirley
 
Found your site through Shirley at GFE. Love the muffin ideas, can't wait to try a variety of flavors.
 
Hi thanks for a basic muffin recipe. You mention 2 eggs twice, is it 2 eggs or 4.

Thankyou
Gail
 
Gail ~ Sorry about that! It's only two eggs.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]