January 7, 2010
Create Your Own Casserole Challenge
Since casseroles are a good winter time dish, I thought we would start with that. For some people, casseroles do not evoke good feelings. I think the problem is that they view all casseroles as being a bunch of mushy food stuck together with cream of something soup. Traditionally, that’s how casseroles have been made. However, I looked up the word casserole at Dictionary.com and found nothing about mushy or cream of something soup in the definition. In fact, the first definition is, “a baking dish of glass, pottery, etc., usually with a cover.” The second definition is, “any food, usually a mixture, cooked in such a dish.” That’s a pretty broad definition.
I happen to love casseroles. All kinds. I like the old fashioned mushy ones and I love making my own cream of something soup to go in them. I also like coming up with casseroles that don’t quite fit that mold. My challenge to you is:
- Read the post: Create a Gluten-Free Casserole.
- Create at least one casserole this month.
- Please tell me about it by linking up, commenting, or sending me an email. You can tell me everything you did, or just that you did it and whether it was good or not. Simply knowing that you participated will help me determine if I should continue doing challenges.
- Bacon, Egg, & Rice Casserole
- Egg & Pasta Casserole
- Ham & Potato Casserole
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Labels: monthly challenge
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Links to this post:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]