December 15, 2009

 

What can I eat that’s gluten free?

What can I eat

Welcome to this week’s edition of a weekly blog carnival that is all about getting ideas for eating on a gluten-free diet.  If you have a blog, please add a link to an individual post (not your home page).  Your post can include any gluten-free eating idea.  It doesn’t have to be a recipe.

This week I thought I would highlight two of last week’s entries which used spinach. I tried Amy’s delicious recipe because I just happened to have leftover chicken and butternut squash.  I haven’t tried Cinde’s recipe, but it looks wonderful. Be sure to check them out if you didn’t see them last week.


Amy at Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
Chicken & Butternut Squash Spinach Salad

Cinde at Gluten Free Taste of Home
Fresh Creamed Spinach



My submission for this week is a large (feeds multiple people) hot sandwich using my focaccia bread recipe.


focaccia sandwich slice




Focaccia Bread Sandwich







Please leave your link below and remember to link back here so others can join us.
1. Jessie (Christmas Cookies)
2. Lynns Kit Adv (overnight coffee cake)
3. Yadi-Corn Flake Crusted French Toast
4. Iris at The Daily Dietribe: Gluten free product reviews
5. Heather @CeliacFamily (Baked Salmon)
6. Shirley @ gfe--gluten free easily (My Firrst Raw Pie)
7. Chelsey - How to roast a turkey
8. Amy @ SS&GF (Whole Grain Chocolate Chip Cookies)
9. Shirley @ gfe--gluten free easily (Garlic Cheese Biscuits)
10. Gluten Free Taste of Home (Broccoli & Pasta Alfredo)
11. Cheryl (naturally gf desserts)
12. Katrina @ Gluten Free Gidget- Chana Saag Chickpea Spinach Curry
13. Lauren @ Celiac Teen (Chocolate Almond Wafers
14. Comfy Cook - Red Soup turned Green

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

Labels:


Comments:
Linda, the focaccia is delicious! I may have to try impressing my relatives when they are in town. :)

For some reason I thought it was cookie week. Good grief where is my brain? Maybe I'll get it back in a few years when the little one's are grown.
Jessie
 
Linda:

I was going to post a link to a spinach, tomato and cheese lasagna and then I saw you had a couple of spinach dishes last week, so I posted the corn flake crusted french toast recipe.

Great post on the GF cook gifts by the way. I have gotten a few of those kitchen items already as Christmas/anniversary presents! Yay!
 
Hi Linda. Sadly no recipes this week. 1 final down, 2 to go, and then I can get back to cooking! But I linked up to my post of gluten free "hits and misses", products that I've tried and liked (or not liked).

Your bread looks amazing! So light and fluffy looking!
 
The Focaccia sandwich looks amazing. I really have to find some time to make this. I know my husband and I would love this. The kids will eat the bread, but I might have to use different fillings for them.
 
You know I don't usually miss bread, but I've made biscuits twice this week and now I'm craving this focaccia bread, Linda. The sandwich looks awesome. I'd say it IS particularly special. :-)

Maybe I should link up my biscuit recipe, too. Can we do more than one?

Shirley
 
Very nice!

Enjoy!
 
Oh super fabulous foccacia! I think your specialty is bread making. You really make wonderful GF breads.
 
Shirley - Feel free to add more than one link. A biscuit recipe would be great.
 
Linda - you should write a book on gluten-free bread making. You seem to have a knack for it!
 
Thanks, Linda. I've added the link. Readers have been making these biscuits and loving them ... as did my support group members last night. They are supposed to be like Red Lobster biscuits if anyone is familiar with those. I never had them, so I don't know ... I just know I love them. LOL

Shirley
 
what a neat idea!
all of my recipes are gluten free.
www.gfgoodness.com
and the ones here look delicious. I will have to try your focaccia bread
 
also, I put together a running list of easy, gf things that can be made without specialty ingredients, especially for the holidays. Always so many yummy options! http://www.harriswholehealth.com/naturally-gf-desserts
 
Thanks for the link to my Fresh Creamed Spinach recipe Linda... what a fun surprise!

Merry Christmas!
Cinde :)
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]