August 18, 2009
One Year of Blogging
Today it has been one year since I started blogging. I didn’t even realize it this morning as I reflected on how this blog has been helpful to me. Yesterday we started back to homeschooling, and today I was thinking about how my attitude towards it is much better than it was last year. I won’t go into my homeschooling ups and downs but let’s just say I was experiencing burn out. I needed a new hobby—something that was just for my enjoyment.
Blogging has been rewarding in several ways:
- I’ve met many new people and become friends with some of you, even though we’ve never met in person.
- I’ve enjoyed the writing. I don’t consider myself to be a terrific writer, but I do enjoy it and find it therapeutic.
- I’ve enjoyed the challenge and learning process of blog design.
- I’ve become more interested in creating new recipes and fixing new food.
- I’ve gained inspiration and knowledge from other people’s blogs which I might not have found otherwise.
- I’ve greatly enjoyed helping other people through the recipes and information on my blog.
When I started blogging, I thought I would write about everything—gluten-free recipes, celiac disease, homemaking, homeschooling, dogs, frugality, and anything else that came to mind. I found out several things:
- I didn’t have time to write about everything.
- Many other people wrote about some of the things much better than I could.
- Having such a wide range of topics was not the best strategy for blog growth.
In January I think it was, I switched to writing only about the gluten-free diet and celiac disease. It was a good move. It keeps me focused and it helps people to know what they will find here.
Thank you to all my readers. This blog would mean nothing without some one to read it. I appreciate your emails and comments. I especially appreciate your encouragement that lets me know you enjoy a particular recipe or find my blog helpful in general. It’s been a great year of blogging and I plan on continuing so let me know if there’s is anything you would like to see on this blog. I’ll work it in if I can. Thanks again. You all are great!
Happy 1 year anniversary. :)
I enjoy so many of your recipes especially your baking. I have found yours are easiest for me to adjust for our other food allergies.
Keep up the great work!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Links to this post:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]