July 12, 2009
What’s for Dinner Wednesday Changes
What’s for Dinner Wednesday has been both fun and helpful to me and hopefully to many of you. I especially enjoy the sense of community it has helped a small group of us develop. The changes I’m making have little effect on how the carnival works. It’s more about how it is perceived.
I participated in several blog carnivals during my early months of blogging. They all had a day associated with the name to help you remember when the carnival took place. I automatically did the same with this carnival. However, in this case, I didn’t realize how confusing it would be. The name really sounds like it is about what you are having for dinner on Wednesday, which is not my intention at all. I have to wonder if some bloggers do not participate because that idea seems too restrictive.
In addition, I would like to have a theme other than dinner once a month, and in those cases “What’s for dinner?” doesn’t fit. For those reasons, I am changing the carnival name to “What can I eat that’s gluten free?”
I have decided to keep Wednesday as the first day of the carnival and will continue to put my post up Tuesday night. However, I’m going to keep Mr. Linky open for the whole week. That way, if Wednesday is a bad time for you, you can do it another day. I will also continue to post a monthly review.
The themes I have scheduled through the end of the year and will take place on the first Wednesday of each month. I’m listing them here, but I will also remind you a week in advance. Since dinner is probably the most challenging meal for people, we’ll continue with a dinner theme the remaining weeks.
August 5th – Cold treats
September 2nd – Appetizers
October 7th – Breakfast
November 4th – Snacks
December 2nd – Party food
Important points to remember:
- Any theme is only a suggestion. You can use any kind of gluten free food post any time you want.
- A recipe is not required. You can link to a recipe you tried from another site, you can do a product review, you can link to your menu plan, or tell us about a dinner out.
- You can add more than one link per week. Personally, I would run out of dinner ideas, but the other themes don’t come up very often. Feel free to add more than one.
- You can link to an older post. If you’re having a particularly busy week and don’t have time to write a new post, link to an old one.
- You can find the guidelines and the code for the new button here.
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Links to this post:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]