July 12, 2009

 

What’s for Dinner Wednesday Changes

What’s for Dinner Wednesday has been both fun and helpful to me and hopefully to many of you. I especially enjoy the sense of community it has helped a small group of us develop. The changes I’m making have little effect on how the carnival works. It’s more about how it is perceived.

I participated in several blog carnivals during my early months of blogging. They all had a day associated with the name to help you remember when the carnival took place. I automatically did the same with this carnival. However, in this case, I didn’t realize how confusing it would be. The name really sounds like it is about what you are having for dinner on Wednesday, which is not my intention at all. I have to wonder if some bloggers do not participate because that idea seems too restrictive. What can I eat button

In addition, I would like to have a theme other than dinner once a month, and in those cases “What’s for dinner?” doesn’t fit. For those reasons, I am changing the carnival name to “What can I eat that’s gluten free?”

I have decided to keep Wednesday as the first day of the carnival and will continue to put my post up Tuesday night. However, I’m going to keep Mr. Linky open for the whole week. That way, if Wednesday is a bad time for you, you can do it another day. I will also continue to post a monthly review.

The themes I have scheduled through the end of the year and will take place on the first Wednesday of each month. I’m listing them here, but I will also remind you a week in advance. Since dinner is probably the most challenging meal for people, we’ll continue with a dinner theme the remaining weeks.

August 5th – Cold treats 
September 2nd – Appetizers
October 7th – Breakfast
November 4th – Snacks
December 2nd – Party food

Important points to remember:

Labels: ,


Comments:
Sounds great I like the new name! :)
Jessie at BlogSchmog
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]