July 16, 2009

 

Starbucks Stops Production of Valencia Orange Cake

I haven’t seen an official statement, but word is out that Starbucks has stopped producing its gluten-free Valencia orange cake. On Twitter, @Starbucks said, “We heard that it was too much of a treat, and not a nutritious snack. The @KindSnacks bar is replacing it.”  That would be these Kind bars.

I agree, it was a treat for me. I suppose they need something that people will buy frequently, not occasionally. I am not someone who frequents Starbucks, but I did stop in on occasion for the gluten-free cake. I don’t think I’ll be making any special stops for a Kind bar. I’ve never tried one. They are probably good, but fruit and nuts are easy for me to find. In fact, I often carry mixed nuts with me when I’ll be out for a while.

I, as well as others, would like to see Starbucks offer some other type of gluten-free baked item. A sandwich on gluten-free bread would be great, but a muffin or scone would be nice also.

What do you think?

Labels:


Comments:
I'd like a scone or muffin. I liked the cake because it was dairy & soy free as well.
 
I'm totally with you on this one. I WANT a sweet with my coffee, and - you nailed it - I can get nut and fruit bars anywhere.

Crap. Now I'm going to stop going to Starbucks again.
 
Yes, gluten free bread for a sandwich would be nice, or something with CHOCOLATE in it is always my vote!

I'm wondering who is making these gluten free decisions over at Starbucks. Really. I can't see anyone from the GF community saying, "Let's add a fruit and nut bar to replace the cake to have with coffee."

But that's just me!
 
Honestly, I really don't care about cakes at Starbucks. The truth is that my life changed so drastically when I went GF and sugar-free that I let go of many attachments to food. I drink coffee because I like coffee, not because I want a muffin. That's just my take on it.
 
I love Kind Bars, but I didn't even get to try the cakes...darn it...lol!! Guess I wasn't meant to! Wish they would of kept them though....choice is good!

Pam
www.alovefornewrecipes.blogspot.com
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]