July 30, 2009

 

Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Mix

For various reasons it has taken me a while to get around to using another Betty Crocker gluten-free mix. I reviewed the yellow cake mix here, and this time I tried the chocolate chip cookies.

The directions say to mix everything with a spoon. I used my mixer, but only briefly on low after I added the mix since it included the chocolate chips. The dough was dry and crumbly like the directions said it would be. I couldn’t figure out, though, how they expected you to drop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet when it was so crumbly.  I scooped up a bit with a spoon and then pressed it together with my hands, which worked fine.

Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookies The cookies turned out as well as any gluten-free cookies I’ve made, which is pretty good.  They didn’t spread out with funny wrinkles in them like some cookies have, and they contained a good amount of chocolate chips.  My gluten eaters and I really liked them. The mix made 3 dozen medium size cookies.

If you like to keep gluten-free mixes on hand, I would recommend giving these a try (if you can find them).  They’re a winner in this house!

Labels:


Comments:
I just made those last night and LOVED them! I have a hard time finding gfree mixes I actually like. I normally just make them from scratch. This was easy and good. Can't wait to hear what you have to say after you try the chocolate cake!! I've had it and loved it as well.
 
Those look good too....did you like them better than the Pamela's cookie mix? I like those, but when I made them for my mom, she didn't like them at all -the Pamela's cookie mix, that is.
 
Jen, I've never used Pamela's baking mix. I have only used the bread mix. Sorry I can't help you there. If you try the Betty Crocker mix I'd like to hear what you and your mom think.
 
Thanks for your reply, Linda! I will try them and let you know for sure. :)
 
I have been make these for our DIL who is gluten free ( and now I am- not allergic, but for other health reasons.)

We love them!

Thanks again for your wonderful blog!!

Linda
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]