January 19, 2009

 

I'm Back!

I thought I would give you an update on my week long blogging break. Our family went to a ski resort in Virginia's Shenandoah mountains. Thanks to some friends we got a great deal on a condo and there were several other families/friends there the same week. We all had a great time.

My two older boys snowboard and the rest of us ski. I had not skied in almost 20 years so I was a bit apprehensive about trying it again. I was thrilled to find that I picked it up without any problems. Skis have changed over the years, and I find the new shorter skis much easier to use. Except for an encounter with the ski lift that I had, no one was hurt, and I only needed a day to rest.

We didn't have Internet access (we weren't willing to pay $10 per day) so it was a real computer break too. I don't think of blogging as work, but it was nice to not think about the things I normally do at home.

Besides skiing, playing games, watching movies, and visiting with friends, we got to see some wildlife. The living room of our condo overlooked a wooded area. We saw deer numerous times including a group of 12 who wandered through the condo parking area grazing. We also saw a fairly large black bear who liked to frequent the dumpsters. He wasn't bothered by us at all and walked past us as we stood on our porch watching him about 20 feet away. We called security and they chased him off, but first he took a bag of garbage out of the dumpster. That was pretty exciting.

I hope you all had a good week. I'll try to get back into the blogging groove and I hope to hear from some of you!

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]