December 10, 2008

 

Writing a Christmas Letter

I like receiving Christmas letters from family and friends. Let's face it. Who has time to write long personal notes to everyone on their Christmas card list? I like hearing what's going on in people's lives. It's nice if they add a brief personal note, but either way I think a form letter is better than a card with only a signature.

Having said that, I should correct myself and say that I like a well written Christmas letter. There are lots of ways that can be done. What I don't like are letters that give lots of details, details that only a few people would be interested in (maybe only one person, Grandma).

Since I like receiving those letters, I also send them. I've done it different ways over the years. Some have had a full page of writing. Some have had half a page of writing. Some have had pictures on them and some haven't. This year I wasn't inspired to write much. Instead I put lots of pictures on the page. I didn't get a good family picture taken so I included pictures of individual family members. Next to the pictures I added a brief description of what each person was doing. I think it turned out well. People can see how the kids are growing and how hubby and I are aging, and they learn the basics of what we've been up to.

Writing a Christmas letter works for me. How about you? Do you like receiving them? Do write them?

To find out what works for other people visit Rocks in My Dryer's Works for Me Wednesday.

Labels:


Comments:
I agree; I love getting Christmas letters. I didn't feel particularly inspired this year either, so I just took some phrases about our activities for the year and put them in the shape of a Christmas tree. It turned out neat! I'm noticing your twitter stuff ... oh, can I relate with trying to help a kid with algebra - and I got the CVS Hershey stuff too! In fact, I believe it's calling me now. Glad I found you!
 
I do like getting Christmas letters. Especially ones that are well-thought out and interesting to read with lots of pictures. :)

We're so bad. We don't even send out Christmas cards. I'll go hang my head in shame now.....
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]