December 24, 2008

 

Sweet & Salty Snack Mix


I recently gave you a link for Taste of Home's Corny Snack Mix. I gave it a try yesterday, and it was a huge hit with my family. This would be a great gluten-free snack to have around for the holidays. I of course substituted gluten-free cereal for the Corn Pops, but I also increased the amount of popcorn. I had plenty of popcorn to use, and I thought the sweetness could be stretched a bit. Here's my version of the recipe.

Sweet & Salty Gluten-Free Snack Mix

Ingredients

Instructions


Using several large bowls, combine the popcorn, cereal, and chips. In a saucepan, heat the white morsels until melted and smooth. I used medium-high heat, stirring almost constantly, and didn't have any scorching. Spoon the melted morsels over the popcorn mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to baking pans/dishes and allow to cool. I put mine on top of my chest freezer in the garage. This allows the melted morsels to harden. You end up with a pan full of snack mix all stuck together. Break it into chunks and put into serving bowls.

View Printable Recipe

Labels:


Comments:
My three year old with Celiacs will love! (as will his twin sister who eats the same diet)
I just found your blog, and am in looooooooove!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]