November 21, 2008
Why I Love Soup
- It's economical. Using leftovers is certainly frugal, and since you're putting the food into a new dish, your family might not even realize they are having leftovers! If you don't have leftovers, great soup can be made with inexpensive ingredients. Less expensive cuts of meat can be used, or you can make it meatless and add beans for protein.
- It's extremely versatile. I'll list some ideas below.
- It tastes great and hits the spot on a cold evening.
- It's healthy. You can pack it full of healthy foods. If you have picky eaters, they might enjoy their vegetables cooked in broth more than they would a plain veggie.
- I love it because my family loves it. That makes my job easier.
I'm sure there are more reasons that aren't coming to my mind right now, but that will do to get you thinking about soup. Why do you like soup?
To make soup I start with:
- 4 c. broth
3 c. water
- onions or leeks
seasonings (salt, pepper, thyme, basil)
For more Thanksgiving on a Budget ideas visit Money Saving Mom.
Labels: soup recipes
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
Links to this post:
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]