October 20, 2008

 

Apples 'n Onions

You could count on one hand the number of times I have eaten apples 'n onions (if I could remember), but I recently found myself craving some. I have been in the mood for apples lately, but that's natural in the fall. If you've been in an apple mood, I thought you might like trying this dish. It's very easy to prepare and is naturally gluten-free.

apples 'n onions

In a large skillet, saute onion slices and apple slices in melted butter until tender. That's it! Unless, of course, you're like Almanzo Wilder and want brown sugar on yours. If that's the case, put it on top of the apples and onions in the skillet and cover to let it steam a bit. My craving didn't include brown sugar so I went without. Apparently there are two camps on this issue. The ones who would never eat it with brown sugar, and the ones who will only eat it with brown sugar. Personally, I could see eating it either way.

Do you eat apples 'n onions, and if so, do you eat it with brown sugar or not?

Labels:


Comments:
I'm pretty sure I've never even heard of apples and onions as a dish before. But, I'm also pretty sure I'd be in the "only with brown sugar" camp. ;-)

Shirley
 
Wow, I've never had this combo before but is sounds good. Thank you for sharing it on Friday Foodie Fix.
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]