August 30, 2008

 

In Praise of the Whisk

I don’t remember my mother ever using a whisk, so I didn’t discover its uses until relatively recently. Now it’s one of my favorite kitchen tools. I have several whisks in different sizes. The thing I use them for most often is combining dry ingredients in baking recipes. It does a great job of distributing ingredients like baking soda or spices. The second most common way I use a whisk is for making gravies or sauces. It does a great job of keeping them from becoming lumpy, and if something is lumpy, it can reduce the lumps quite a bit. The whisk is also useful for beating eggs or combining wet ingredients. If you have a whisk stuck in a drawer unused, you might want to bring it out and give it a try. If you have a different use for your whisk, I’d love to hear about it.

For more kitchen tips visit Tammy's Recipes Kitchen Tip Tuesday.

Labels:


Comments:
I love using my whisk for combining and gravies. :D
 
The whisk is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets! I have at least 2, one is stainless, one is platics for my Calphalon pans. I use them for eggs, pancake batter, dry ingredients, etc.
 
I love whisks, too! I have a balloon whisk and a French whisk, and I use them both regularly. Aren't they great? :)

Blessings,
Michele
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]